Are you experienced in a warehouse or stock room? Do you want to work for a renowned company that’s been in operation for more than 90 years? Want to work closer to home instead of commuting into the city every day?
A well-known, family company are looking for warehouse assistants to join their busy team based in South West London. This role is a great chance to work for a supportive and friendly company in an easily accessible location.
About the Role
As the successful warehouse assistant you will be:
- Making sure that accuracy and quality standards are met always with regards to stock.
- Receiving and verifying accuracy of incoming deliveries.
- Sorting and placing stock on racks, shelves, or in bins according to stock procedures.
- Distributing stock, tools, or other items in order to fulfil engineers’ jobs and trade job requests.
- Preparing stock for delivery to branches, as required.
- Maintaining accurate inventory records of incoming/ outgoing stock.
- Completing requisition forms to order additional stock and supplies.
- Communicating any order changes/errors to stores manager(s).
- Ensuring returns and faulty stock are checked and sent back to suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate stock counts, performing visual ‘end of day’ stock checks and addressing errors with management.
- Performing accurate monthly stock counts as part of a team.
- Responsibility for completion and prompt submission of all related paperwork
- Assisting with bench locksmith work when required, including pinning up locks, cutting keys.
- Assist warehouse Manager with ad hoc duties.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Confident and willing to work to a high calibre
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers as well as other warehouse staff
- Able to lift and move around stock
- Excellent time keeping skills
Pay, Hours and Benefits
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7:30 – 4:30pm with a lunch break of an hour. The warehouse is in operation from 6:30 to 5:30 and so flexibility in working times is essential. In return you will be offered a salary of between £18,000 and £20,000.
If all the above sounds interesting please do not hesitate to apply or contact Will at Upgrade on 020 8780 9922.