A company based in Wimbledon, London are looking for an Travel Executive working within the company’s travel department (call centre). You will be reporting directly to the Travel Team Leader. The department you will be working for is responsible for the booking of flights and rail tickets.
The role of the department is to service air related calls from travel agents, guests and internal customers. The key component for this role is having a shared responsibility for achieving individual, monthly and also annual targets.
Your responsibilities as an Travel Executive:
- Conducting outbound calls to offer any additional services, providing a solution to customer’s queries and flight upgrades.
- Producing a high standard of work and adhering to any outlined responsibilities given by the team manager.
- Using an analytical and proactive approach to solving problems.
- Using the automated system to check for all booked flights and dealing with the reservation team.
- Handling all queries from other departments, agents and passengers via telephone and also by email.
- You will be responsible for dealing with schedule changes, any cancellations, flight amendments and refunds following each agent’s guidelines.
- You will ideally be using the Sabre system.
- Understanding the difference in fares and net fare contracts.
- Handling any special requests for passengers such as any special meals they may need for their flights, wheelchair assistance, etc.
- Communicating and building relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- External contacts will ideally be other departments within this company, airlines, corporate/business travellers and customers.
- Internal contacts will be within the reservation team, air team and guest service team.
What you’ll need to succeed as an Travel Executive:
- Must have a good understanding of all expectations from customers both internally and externally.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to articulate very well and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and great attention to detail.
- It’ll be an advantage if you have a minimum of two years in a business air travel or leisure travel role.
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks alongside working towards all deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be a strong team player.
This role requires the travel executive to be an innovative individual and be able to adapt within this fun environment. This job will be great for an individual who is a pro-active problem solver, committed, assertive and confident. They are offering a basic salary alongside an amazing OTE! The basic salary is £21,000 per annum and a great OTE of £28,000 in your first year.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for then please do not hesitate, apply now! You can apply via email on email@example.com or give me a call on 020 8780 9922.