A leading national charity that operates a small and dynamic HR team is looking to hire an experienced HR Officer to join their knowledgeable team. Reporting directly into an HR Business Partner and working alongside the HR systems officer you will be providing support to business areas across the organisation of over 500 employees.
You will have lots of responsibility including acting as a first point of contact for employees, managers and other senior stakeholders. You will be proactive in identifying and providing solutions on Employee Relations challenges and will aim to deliver an excellent service to all parties.
As the successful HR Officer you will have the following day to day duties:
- Provide first line advice on HR policies and procedures including annual leave, maternity & paternity leave and flexible working
- Attend HR meetings actively contributing and presenting a monthly update report and KPI review
- Issue amendment to contract letters reflecting changes in employee terms and conditions
- Oversee the input and collation of sickness absence data
- Work with the recruitment team to oversee the probation process including working with managers to define objectives for performance
- Oversee the leavers process, preparing resignation acknowledgement letters and undertaking exit interviews and reporting back regarding any trends and concerns
- Providing advice and support to line managers at first stage sickness, conduct, capability and grievance investigation
- Pro-actively assisting and suggesting the on-going improvement of the HR service, seeking opportunities to refine and streamline the practice
The role will suit you if you are passionate about Human Resources and building a strong platform for a successful career in the field. At present the organisation are looking to make the HR team more commercially focused so this is a great time to be joining the organisation.
You may be interested or already studying towards a CIPD qualification and the great news is the organisation will pay for your qualification!
Fantastic benefits include 27 days annual holiday + 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, free parking and only a 36 hour working week!
Please contact Rupert @ Upgrade Recruitment for more information or to discuss the best route to apply for the role. Contact details can be found on the Upgrade Recruitment website.