Finance Assistant – 4 days a week (any days) 28 hrs a week, 9am to 5pm
Amazing not for profit membership organisation are recruiting a finance assistant to work any 4 days a week. The organisation promote from within, have a low staff turnover and offer excellent benefits. This role requires you to work 4 days a week (any days) 28 hrs a week, 9am to 5pm.
Key Accountabilities & Main Tasks:
- Process donations, legacies and other receipts on a daily basis, liaising with the Meetings and Donor support team to ensure correct allocation within the general ledger.
- Process supplier invoices and expenses claims.
- Prepare the payment run weekly for review by Financial Controller and authorisation by Head of Finance and Resources.
- Inputting journals for overseas payments onto PSF
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review by the Financial Controller, investigating and resolving outstanding items on a timely basis.
- Reconcile control accounts as required.
- Ensure that invoices and credit notes are produced and sent to customers with statements.
- Carry out Credit Control tasks including updating deposits and payments on system(s) and following up overdue payments
- Prepare Aged Debtors’ report and alert Financial Controller and Commercial Manager to overdue debts
- Collect cash from the Bookshop, Restaurant and Café tills and make appropriate daily entries in the accounting system after agreeing with respective “check sheets” and “till readings”. Including preparation of floats for Restaurant, Café and Bookshop.
- Be part of the central post opening team.
- Advise colleagues with queries and carry out investigations as required.
- Undertake other relevant duties as reasonably necessary, required.
Salary £26,930 to £30,880 pro rata
If you're interested, please contact Sean at our sister company Crowley Cox on 020 8246 4877 or email email@example.com