A well-established organisation in Central London is looking for a Conference and Events Coordinator to join their team. This role offering a salary of £27K-£29K plus benefits is great for an individual with an events background and wants to take the next step in their career. The organisation has been running for over 100 years, publishing journals and running annual conferences and events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact in a well-established organisation. Working for this prestige organisation will propel your career and take you to the next level professionally.
As the successful Conference and Events Coordinator you will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Organise the Annual Conference and academic conferences.
- Act as the point of contact for conference and events enquiries.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Book event venues, filming and catering companies.
- Event budgets and post event reports.
- Support the Conference Secretary and Committee meetings.
- Manage the event on the day, troubleshooting where necessary.
- Maintain filing systems, databases and spreadsheets of all documents.
Sponsorship and Marketing:
- Seek revenue from sponsorship.
- Collect and distribute publicity materials such as e-marketing campaigns and use social media where appropriate.
- Manage event registration lists sing conference programme software.
Planning and Event Development
- Gather and analyse data on all events.
- Report on the impact, effectiveness and financial outcome of events.
- Use feedback on events to develop the events programme.
As the successful Conference and Events Coordinator ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience organising and running events.
- Organising academic conferences.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Financial record keeping and delivering projects.
- Evaluating and reporting on events.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- A team player with a positive approach to work.
- Knowledge of Conference Maker would be ideal.
- Experience of advertising and liaising with external organisations.
The company are based in fabulous offices, located near the tube. With hours of Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.30pm, you will be in a great working environment and the company offers lovely benefits including, Summer BBQs, Christmas parties and many more social events. If this role is for you, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 020 8780 9922.